Vinyl Decal Application
Krazy Signs USA decals are very simple to apply to most surfaces. They will arrive on a thick, sturdy paper backing and covered with a semi-transparent transfer tape. The stickers have been rolled for packaging and will need to be laid flat for 24-48 hrs. Smoothed with your squeegee / credit card before application. You can lift the application tape with the decal attached from the backing paper and then relay it back onto the backing paper to assist with smoothing out the decal before application.
- Wash the surface of the area where you will be applying the decals. Be sure that the surface has not been in direct sun and is not too hot. You may want to move to the shade or the garage. Air bubbles are usually caused by the surface being too hot or not enough pressure on squeegee. For best results cold weather application temperature should be at least 55°.
- Place sticker face down on flat surface peel off the thick paper backing holding paper backing at a sharp angle. Stickers will be pre-spaced on a mounting tape. If the backing paper sticks to the decal, use a credit card as a squeegee pressing down on the decal as you remove the paper.
- PLACEMENT AREA. My vinyl decals will stick to most flat, clean surfaces and walls. I do NOT advise using vinyl on the following:
– Textured walls
– High gloss paint
– Glaze or other specialty finish
– Low-VOC paints
– Unfinished woods, paneling or brick
- Visually align the bottom of the decal, press down on top two corners to the mounting surface, making sure there are no creases or wrinkles.
- Working from the center out, use a smoothing tool (a credit card or squeegee) will work just fine. Use firm overlapping strokes to apply. Be sure your sticker is applied flat with no creases as this may cause it not to adhere properly.
- Starting from the edge, very carefully peel off the transfer tape, keeping it at a sharp angel of about 45% from the corner pulling the transfer tape low to the surface. If a sticker does come up with the tape, simply smooth the tape back over it, press and smooth, and try again. If necessary, hold the edge of the sticker with a fingernail as you pull the tape away and smooth over the sticker once more.
- Should you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always more than happy to help.
Applying a finish over Cornhole and other decals
Without a topcoat, the edges of the decals may peel up due to the friction of the cornhole bags sliding across the edges of the decal. Some of the commercial cornhole builders using our decals will stain the wood, then apply a thin layer of polyurethane, then the decals, then additional coats of polyurethane as top coats allowing each coat to completely dry beyond “to the touch.”